Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
ENABLE Scotland is a dynamic and vibrant organisation dedicated to improving the lives of people with learning disabilities and we have an exciting opportunity in our Midlothian LAC services for a dynamic and motivated Community Engagement Worker.
The role of Community Engagement Worker is to assist the work of the ENABLE Scotland Local Area Co-ordination team to improve the lives of disabled people and their families in Midlothian.
Local Area Co-ordination (LAC) is a preventative, asset based approach to supporting disabled people to connect to their communities and have opportunities for a full and healthy life.
The aim is to address inequalities; build inclusion by supporting people to develop their individual capacity; work with communities to develop capacity for inclusion; ensure disabled people have rights and opportunities equal to others in society.
* work with individuals and groups to meet outcomes as identified with the Local Area Co-ordinators.
* work with disabled people, mainly people with learning disability (including Autism) and their families, community groups and organisations with a view to increasing local involvement.
* build individuals' confidence and capacity to connect with their community, including independent travel.
* help to facilitate existing activities and develop new activities in partnership with individuals and organisations.
* help build capacity to enable activities to be self-led, or led by informal support.
* community map throughout Midlothian to provide accurate and timely information to assist individuals, families and communities.
* involve disabled people and/or their families in monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the service.
Remember this is #morethanajob - it's the first step to you making a difference and beginning your career with an award winning charity with its values at its core.
To apply click HERE
Closing date: 09/09/2018
Interviews to take place 3rd October 2018.