Do you have what it takes to make a difference?
Would you like to do something different next Monday morning? To forget the never-ending 9-5 and make a real difference to someone's life? Or maybe you are already working in social care and want to join an organisation with values at its core?
Well this may be the opportunity you have been looking for.....
That could mean supporting people to live independently in their own homes or take part in activities we take for granted. And, who knows, it could make a difference to your life as well.
ENABLE Scotland is a dynamic and vibrant organisation dedicated to improving the lives of people with learning disabilities and we have full and part time opportunities for you to support a young man who lives in Roslin and also a young woman living in Gilmerton to make the most of their lives.
* This gentleman is very fun loving and enjoys good company, having people around him who are upbeat but able to follow strategies required is important as this gentleman requires someone to support him with manual handling needs. Along with support in this gentlemans home, support activities would include hydro therapy, attending a day centre where he enjoys a range of activities. This young man likes to get out and about in his car which he requires his support to drive, visiting different places and going out for a meal. Experience is non essential as full training will be provided and shadows with the current team who are all experienced and know the young man very well .
* This young lady has autism and is currently supported in her own home. She is very proud of her independence and is very complex with a great memory. She would like someone who will be calm and jolly. She feels it is essential to have someone who will be understanding of her anxieties and will be committed to providing her with consistent reassurance surrounding these anxieties.
This will include supporting the her to be involved in the local community and to meet her aspirations in life that she is working towards. She would also like support to be more active, finding new activities and continuing with her college course. She would like to motivate her and encourage her but know her limits as it can take time for her to engage with the steps to move forward with her outcomes. She does not respond well to too much pressure. It would be good if you had some shared interests with her especially swimming. She is very good at art, likes to play games and enjoys going on holiday with her support workers.
You don't need experience in care to start your career with ENABLE Scotland. We recruit people based on their values and transferrable skills. No matter where you have worked before; be it retail, admin, warehousing or wherever, we want to hear from you!
Sound good so far?
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
* The ability to adapt your communication style in order to develop successful and enjoyable relationships with the people we support.
* The commitment to work with individuals through their personal support plans to ensure people achieve their goals and outcomes and celebrate their successes.
* A positive and flexible outlook to your work, and be able to work on your own and as part of a team.
* Please note there will be personal care and manual handling requirements within this role
If this is you then please click the link to apply now. Every person we support has their own hobbies and interests, likes and dislikes, which is reflected in our person-centred recruitment processes. So please give us as much detail about you to allow us to carry out our bespoke matching service.
What's also great about ENABLE Scotland is that we believe in developing all our staff and provide an extensive training programme, combined with a commitment to create career development opportunities including SVQ Level 2.
Remember this is #morethanajob - it's the first step to you making a difference and beginning your career with an award winning charity with its values at its core.
To apply click HERE
Closing date: 31/07/2018