We are currently looking to recruit a Team Leader to support the Service Manager in the operation of our Craigmillar Hub Service. Our service in Edinburgh supports individuals to access a range of meaningful activities.
It is an exciting time for us as we explore ways to develop our relationships with our people and we are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Team Leader to join us.
This may mean flexibility in terms of location, shift pattern, focus, and deployment, which may include evenings or weekends.
You will be required to co-ordinate and supervise a team of support staff in delivering a high standard of social care practice using a person-centred approach that reflects individual customer's needs, wants, and aspirations.
A key part of this role is to coach, monitor, mentor and develop the skill base within the staff team, you will do this by displaying leadership skills such as role modelling, decision making, being an effective communicator, having a positive attitude, commitment and confidence in the role.
You may also be required from time to time to deliver direct support to our customers.
· Previous experience in a supervisory/management role is desirable
· Care related SVQ Level 4 or equivalent or have the ability and willingness to achieve this qualification
· Full driving licence and access to a car is preferable. Due to the nature of the role, we are willing to consider alternative arrangements that achieve the same outcomes for those candidates that have a disability which prevents them from having a driving licence
· The ability to plan for customers, for your staff, and for your service is critical.
· A desire for self-improvement and willing to develop your skills with our help
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative.
Why work for Capability Scotland?
· Rewarding Career Choice
· Competitive Salary - £14.00 per hour
· Sleepovers paid at £8.75 per hour (minimum of £70.00 per sleepover)
· 32 Days Annual Leave (increasing to 37 days with service)
· Extensive Training provided
· Enhanced Pension Scheme
· Death in service benefits
· Free 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
· Professional Development and support for SVQ
· Access to credit union
You can apply by:
· Submitting a CV and Supporting Statement via email
· Clicking "Apply Online" on our website
· Download, complete, and return our application form, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Interview dates will be confirmed.
Interviews will be held during September.