Scottish book publisher and registered charity Floris Books is looking for an organised and pro-active bookkeeper and office manager to join our team of eighteen people.
The job is part-time and based in our office in Edinburgh. It is a key role, reporting directly to the Chief Executive: it anchors everything we do in the office. The successful candidate will be reliable and motivated, with a can-do attitude. The heart of the job is bookkeeping and office management, but you should enjoy working in a small team with the added responsibilities and flexibility that are needed when every day is different. You will need excellent computer skills and communication skills, written and spoken.
Key elements of the job
• Responsibility for all aspects of bookkeeping, currently in Sage, including management of our annual audit, supplier invoices and payments, raising some customer invoices (most are handled by our third-party distributor), annual royalty payments, journals, bank reconciliation and VAT returns. You should have at least two years’ solid experience in Sage. Experience of other packages, such as Xero, may also be an advantage. Experience of charity accounts may be an advantage.
• Liaison with our UK and overseas distributors, including sales management in Excel
• Liaison with other stakeholders including overseas publishers for contracts and trade fairs (only English language required)
• All aspects of office management, including reception, maintaining office supplies, arranging appointments, maintaining schedules, ordering books
• Logistical support for evening book launches and other events, from time to time
• Any other support activities which might be required in a small office from time to time
About Floris Books
We produce award-winning children’s fiction and beautiful picture books alongside adult non-fiction on alternative and holistic living. Knowledge of publishing is not required but an interest in books and reading may be an advantage.
For more information, including on how to apply, please visit florisbooks.co.uk/recruitment.
Closing date: Wednesday 25 September 2019
Interview date: week starting 30 September 2019
Start date: mid-November 2019