As a Personal Assistant, your role is to enable the employer, a sociable and intelligent young man who has a physical
disability and uses a powered wheelchair, to pursue his interests and live as independently as possible.
- Provide assistance with various social and leisure activities, such as meeting friends, attending classes, going
to the cinema and out in the evening.
- Provide assistance out and about, including driving wheelchair
- Provide assistance with note-taking and administrative matters.
assistance with domestic tasks, such as cleaning, laundry and shopping.
- Provide assistance with eating,
drinking, preparing and cooking food.
- Provide assistance with brushing teeth, brushing hair and basic
- Provide assistance with getting in and out of bed, using a ceiling hoist.
assistance with personal care, showering and toileting.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication and conversational skills.
- Understanding, patient and enthusiastic attitude.
- Previous experience supporting someone with a disability.
- Driving licence valid in the UK required.
- Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership required.
To apply for this position, send your completed application form or CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting
job reference: CG OH