We are looking for a Health and Wellbeing Practitioner to support the Wellbeing service across Midlothian. The
Wellbeing service offers person centred, holistic support for people with or at higher risk of long term
conditions. The Health and Wellbeing practitioners work in small teams based across GP practices in Midlothian
to support a holistic supported self-management service for people with long term condition(s) and support the
development of peer support within the service.
The main purpose of this role would be to :
- Use a strengths based personal outcomes approach to help people referred to the service identify and access
appropriate support for them to self manage.
- Manage a caseload of people referred to the
- As appropriate provide one-to-one and group based support for people using the Wellbeing
- To appropriately support people to access other services that would support their
- To provide an outreach service for the Health and Wellbeing team to engage hard
to reach clients with the service
- To support volunteers/paid peer supporters who have lived experience
of long term conditions into volunteer/ peer roles to support the Wellbeing team
- To monitor and report
on own work as per agreed monitoring tools and to highlight areas of concern and areas of success
contribute to the organisational strategy and associated key performance indicators by participating in team
meetings as required
- Create meaningful and useful cross-referral links with local leaders and contacts
in health, local authority, voluntary and community organisations.
- To support the Wellbeing team’s work
to provide timely access to the service in Midlothian.
Do you have a proven record of delivering services to people with physical and mental health problems who experience
significant psychosocial barriers? Do you have excellent group work skills? Are you able to manage multiple
tasks? If you do, then we would like to hear from you!
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for more details.
Closing Date: Sunday 28th July 2019
Please download an application pack from our website https://www.thistle.org.uk/work-with-us/other-vacancies
or to request paper copies contact Sarah Bond, Business Support Coordinator, on 0131 656 9946 or
Thistle Foundation is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure Scotland check