To provide a safe, professional and supportive service for women and any accompanying children who have experienced
or are at risk of domestic abuse, who have additional support needs and who are living in refuge accommodation
provided by Edinburgh Women’s Aid.
- Assessing, with a woman, her support and safety requirements and developing with her a support and safety
package which is appropriately recorded and tailored to her risks and needs.
- Providing practical and
emotional support in an empowering way as part of a planned input to support women to recover from domestic
- Creating a safe environment for women and any accompanying children who use EWA
- Responding appropriately and empathically to women who are emotional or in a distressed
- To ensure the refuge accommodation is available, prepared, and ready for occupation.
ensure that all necessary paperwork relating to EWA accommodation is completed
- To familiarise women and
any accompanying children with the appropriate EWA accommodation environment, regulations, expectations and
- To ensure current residents are aware of new placements and to introduce them to each
- To ensure the refuge flats are maintained to a high standard and remain in good repair and
- Accurately and appropriately advising women of their welfare rights, legal rights,
immigration rights, housing options, benefits and child support options.
- Assisting women with necessary
paperwork for application for housing benefits and
other services to enable women to make informed choices and decisions.
- Ensuring that EWA (including any related funder or registration required) records,
administration and documentation are completed correctly
- Providing advocacy support in respect of the above options if required or requested.
- Adopting an inter-agency approach to working with women
- Acting within organisational policies and procedures
An application pack is available for download belwo.
Closing date: 9am Monday 29 July 2019
Interviews: Mid-August 2019