We are looking for a Lead Practitioner to support the delivery and the development of the Health and Wellbeing
service based in the Centre of Wellbeing in Craigmillar, Edinburgh.
This practitioner will deliver a holistic supported self-management service for people with long term condition(s)
and provide one-to-one and group support. The main purpose of this role would be to:
- To provide one-to-one and group based support for people using the Health and Wellbeing service, using a
strengths based personal outcomes approach
- To deliver 10 week Lifestyle Management courses as
- To provide an outreach service for the Wellbeing team to engage hard to reach clients with the
- Support and supervise Health and Wellbeing practitioners working within the team
support volunteers/paid peer supporters who have lived experience of long term conditions and are supporting the
Health and Wellbeing team.
- To monitor and report on own work as per agreed monitoring tools and to
highlight areas of concern and areas of success
- To contribute to the organisational strategy and
associated key performance indicators by participating in team meetings as required
- Create meaningful
and useful cross-referral links with local leaders and contacts in health, local authority, voluntary and
Do you have a degree level qualification (or equivalent) in health and social care? Do you have a proven record of
delivering services to people with physical and mental health problems who experience significant psychosocial
barriers? Do you have excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) and group work skills?
Are you able to manage multiple tasks and prioritise to deadlines? If you do, then we would like to hear from
Please download an application pack from our website or to request paper copies contact Sarah Bond, Business Support
Coordinator, on 0131 656 9946 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 14th June 2019