We are looking for a Practitioner to the work within the Health and Wellbeing service with a specific focus on
supporting people to self-manage using physical activity. The main purpose of this role would be to:
- Use a strengths based personal outcomes approach to help people referred to the service identify and access
appropriate support for them to self-manage.
- Deliver physical activity support for people accessing the
- Contribute to the development of new physical activity options.
- To appropriately
support people to access other services and other opportunities.
- To monitor and report on own work as
per agreed monitoring tools and to highlight areas of concern and areas of success.
- To contribute to the
organisational strategy and associated key performance indicators by participating in team meetings as
- Support the development of Peer volunteering within the Health and Wellbeing service, with a
particular focus on physical activity.
- Create meaningful and useful cross-referral links with local
leaders and contacts in health, local authority, voluntary and community organisations that support the
development of Peer volunteering within Thistle.
Do you have a proven track record of supporting people living with physical and mental health problems who experience
significant barriers to managing their health? Are you able to manage multiple tasks? Are you creative and
flexible and have experience of working with people and communities to support the development of local groups
Thistle Foundation is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure Scotland check
Please download an application pack from our website or to request paper copies contact Sarah Bond, Business Support
Coordinator, on 0131 656 9946 or email@example.com