A career that's life-changing
Are you looking to take the next step in your career journey with an organisation that was voted in the Top Ten of the Guardian UK 300 in 2018?
Action for Children – How do we work?
Every year, Action for Children impacts on the lives of 310,000 children, young people and their families across the UK, through our professional and committed workforce of c.4300.
This is a fantastic role where you will have responsibility for successful implementation of a series of performance improvement projects and activities as agreed in the annual safeguarding continuous improvement plan or identified through other QA activities as needed to improve life outcomes for children. The post holder will be responsible for reviewing and reporting of necessary improvements to ensure children are adequately safeguarded. You will be reporting findings to senior managers and leading improvement activity. The role is also responsible for successful business capture and delivery of external consultancy projects as commissioned by external bodies and related to improving the safeguarding of children.
The role will see you:
· Lead internal strategic projects leading to organisational improvements, improved safeguarding of children and improved inspection outcomes
· Ensure that children are adequately safeguarded in the course of work undertaken around service improvement, including through undertaking of serious case reviews, other case reviews and management investigation work as required
· Devise, agree and implement project plans to ensure progress and reporting in accordance with agreed requirements
· Establish and manage project teams consisting of operational and support managers and staff located in roles across the UK
· Recruit and provide line management of self-employed associate consultants engaged for specific improvement projects in accordance with Action for Children procedures
· Build partnerships with other regional, national and international bodies and ensure these partnerships work effectively to delivery of consultancy work or improvement activity within Action for Children
What are we looking for in the person?
· Qualification in Social Work - Registered Qualified Social Worker
· At least 2 years' management experience in a statutory children's services setting
· Experience of managing projects successfully
· Detailed knowledge of children's services legislation, guidance and regulations in all four nations of the UK
· Understanding of issues provision of children's social services and social care services in each jurisdiction and region
· Experience of effective communication with internal departments and external agencies including expert standards of written report writing
· Ability to offer an independent voice to provide both challenge and support to the organisation and its staff and managers
· Excellent relationship builder
· Confident in raising concerns with peers and seniors but in a supportive manner
· Able to travel across UK, including staying overnight when required, as this post has UK wide responsibilities
For further details please refer to the full job description and person specification on the Action for Children website.
Closing date: 19th May 2019
Proposed interview date is Tuesday 4th June in London
This is a fantastic opportunity to support, guide and inspire. Apply now!