Adviser required for our small advice team to provide rights based welfare and education advice and support to
Edinburgh Napier University students.
Ideally 1 year paid advice work experience or 2 years as a volunteer required. Based at Merchiston Campus, 16 hours
weekly over 3 days (Wednesday-Friday).
To provide rights-based advice and support to Edinburgh Napier University students on a confidential one-to-one
client basis on matters concerning their welfare and education:
- ensuring that your knowledge of welfare and education rights and university procedures remains accurate and
current, and taking responsibility for updating this as it develops;
- taking individual cases from
initial presentation to a conclusion, completing follow up action for casework: maintaining timeous, accurate
and up to date case notes (Blue Door);
- liaising with 3rd parties on behalf of clients and progressing
issues on their behalf with their agreement, including the representation or accompaniment of clients to formal
university or appeal hearings where appropriate;
- data protection compliance and
- maintaining accurate and up to date statistics of service usage.
- To promote the Advice Service within the university community and externally as required: to staff, students and
prospective students; taking part in roadshows, class presentations and open days as appropriate, as well as
through one-to-one promotion to university staff members and site promotions.
- To draft copy for
publications concerning student welfare and education: the Freshers’ Handbook, Advice booklets and leaflets,
publicity, web site, social media and presentations.
- To contribute to the ongoing work and development of the Advice team and upgrading standards; attending regular
team meetings and case conferences.
Accountable to: General Manager.
Applications by CV and covering letter to Ann Whannell firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be with Edinburgh Napier Students’ Association Friday 7 June 2019.