To oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, accurate, constitutional and within
accepted accounting practice.
- Head of Finance/ Audit Committee
- Guide and advise fellow trustees to formally approve the annual report
and audited accounts.
- Ensure that annual accounts are submitted to all relevant regulators in a timely
- Ensure proper finance records are kept and that effective procedures are in
- Liaise with relevant staff to ensure regular and effective monitoring and reporting on the
financial health of the organisation to the Board.
- Make fellow Board members aware of their financial
obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them.
- Act as a counter signatory on
cheques and applications to funders.
- Advise on the financial implications of the organisation’s
strategic plans and oversee the organisation’s financial risk-management process.
planning/budgeting processes in participation with the Board and constructively challenge where
- Develop reserves policy and safeguard the organisation’s finances.
- Keep the board
informed of free reserves position regularly and advise to cope with changing circumstances.
- Accountancy Qualification (ICAS/ CMA or equivalent)
- Skills/background in accountancy or financial
- •Understanding of charity finance practice, fundraising and grant-making.
- Ability to
explain financial information to Board members and other stakeholders.
- Analytical and evaluation skills,
demonstrating good judgement.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and
liabilities of trusteeship.
- Strong IT systems & excel skills
- Good communication and
- Ability to commit adequate time to fulfilling the responsibilities of the role
(attendance at 6 Board meetings plus 1-2 strategy workshops per year, and occasional time in the office with
- Commitment to the values and the vision of the Welcoming.
- Skills and experience in one or more areas of non-executive governance and management e.g. strategic planning, business management, understanding of HR issues, experience of Trusts or other grant giving bodies particularly fundraising and legal knowledge.
Interested parties should send a copy of their CV together with a covering email setting out why they are interested
in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com
Closing date for application is Friday 21st June 2019
This role is voluntary and is not remunerated.