Bellshill and Mossend YMCA is governed by a voluntary Board of Directors made up of local volunteers and
professionals. Our Association was founded in 1907 and we have grown and developed over the years to be
recognised both locally and nationally for the high quality of services we deliver. The Board employ a range of
full time and part time staff to implement and deliver our wide range of services.
A job opportunity has arisen in our Animar project which is based on our Liberty Road facility.
Animar is an inclusive short break service supporting young people and families with additional support needs. Animar
addresses the need for transitional support for these young people moving towards school leaving age,
understanding that independence in adulthood must be encouraged long before this time.
Aims and Objectives
The main aims of Animar are to promote young people’s independence in their community through;
- Supporting personal and social development in young people with additional support needs.
core skills in young people with additional support needs.
- To combat social exclusion in families who
have children or young people with additional support needs.
- To support and enhance the lives of
families with children or young people with additional support needs.
- To provide a stimulating, safe and
welcoming environment for those families.
- To provide personal and social developmental opportunities for
young people with additional support needs through self chosen outings and activities within their
Animar can accommodate 15 young people from 12-18 years, with admissions ranging from self referral to Social Work
and health and Education.
The main duties of the Co-ordinator are:
- Provide line management responsibilities including facilitating recruitment, inductions, support &
supervision sessions, team meetings, appraisals and work plans.
- Create a support structure which allows
young people to facilitate their own personal and social development plans.
- Oversee and facilitate the
operational management including programme planning and development, maintenance matters, health & safety,
monitoring & evaluation, data protection, policies and procedures, systems and procedural
- Facilitate partnership working with local agencies and promote the work of the
- Provide hands on support to children and families as required.
effectively with colleagues, partnerships, networks, groups and service providers.
- Ensure that all
relevant Child Protection, Health and Safety measures, Equal Opportunities objectives, and anti discriminatory
practices are implemented and adhered to.
- Assist with funding applications and other fundraising
activities as required.
- Attend relevant training/development opportunities.
- Reflect on and
develop own practice in consultation with Line Manager.
- Effectively manage the use of
- Any other reasonable duties as may be appropriate or as directed by the line manager or
Co-ordinator Person Specification – the Co-ordinator should display:
- Demonstrable creative and innovative leadership skills including developing and inspiring individuals to reach
- Demonstrate a strong value for confidentiality, respect and dignity
communication and interpersonal skills, verbal and written
- Strong organisational
- Competent IT skills
- Ability to be pro-active and to work on own initiative as well as
effectively as part of a team
- Ability to develop new initiatives
- Good analytical mind for
developing good systems and procedures
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
lateral thinking capacity
- Qualified or working towards to SCQF Level 9
- Hold membership of PVG Scheme
- Experience of
delivering holistic support to young people with additional support needs and their families
of developing individual support plans
- Experience of providing support and information relevant to young
people and their families
- Working knowledge of the Government’s ‘Getting it Right for Every Child’
agenda and its core principles
- Proven ability to effectively plan and deliver programmes and activities simultaneously.
- Experience of
effective partnership working
- Understanding of an Informal Education Curriculum
The successful candidate will report to our Childcare Manager.
To apply, please sent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 6th June 2019
Interviews: 8th June 2019
Mission Statement: ‘Bellshill and Mossend YMCA is committed to working in partnership with the community and in
particular with those who are marginalized and those who are young, providing support and quality programmes
aimed at social, physical and spiritual development’.