To work within the heart of the Collydean Community and reach out to engage with young people to facilitate their personal, social and educational development and enable them to gain a voice, influence and place in society in a period of their transition from dependence to independence.
· Ability to engage effectively with young people in their own community and contribute towards their learning and development.
· Network with relevant agencies to increase awareness of the project and Collydean Community Centre.
· Develop open, honest and trusting relationships with young people who may not be engaging in youth activities.
· To reach out and encourage young people to learn from their experiences but also to enable them to address some of the issues that may be affecting their lives, through planned learning experiences. Encourage them to participate in decision-making processes which may affect them.
· Support the Centre Manager with providing regular reports
· Diversify the offer of youth work activities available to our members.
· Develop and support project work that is structured and relevant to young people’s needs, through liaison and partnership working with other services and agencies.
· Participating in relevant training courses as required.
· Complete reports and feedback statistical information to the Centre Manager.
· Promoting the work of the Collydean Community Centre in a positive and exciting manner.
· Visit groups, provide information and training where required.
· Deliver training for young people as required.
· Other reasonable duties as identified by the Centre Manager
The Job Description is purposefully intended to be of a general nature, defining the main elements of work required for the successful operation of the work of the Collydean Community Centre.
Although the post holder should be IT literate and be viewed by young people attending youth work projects and clubs as a positive role model and influence in their lives.
Before confirming appointment, you will be provided to obtain a Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PCG) Scheme Membership through Disclosure Scotland.
Closing date: Friday 10th May 2019, 12 noon
To lodge an interest, please email email@example.com or telephone 01592 742913 or 07926503923