Forth Environment Link (FEL) is a Scottish environmental charity leading the way on connecting people and place. FEL supports more day to day journeys on foot or by bike; encourages more local food to be grown and eaten in our communities; and helps increase the lifespan of our everyday items.
The following values underpin our activity as an organisation:
· People first - Investing in our team to ensure we can provide tailored support where it is needed most.
· Enabling – Delivering activity in a way that is practical, easy to understand and accessible to everyone.
· Collaborative - Ensuring we work in partnership to add value where we can.
· Innovative - Testing and developing new ideas and being a catalyst for change.
· Passionate – Demonstrating a love for the environment and our place within it in everything we do.
· Fair – Working in a way that is inclusive and reflects the needs of the people and communities we work with.
Our strategic approach reflects our ambition as an organisation and recognises the role third sector will perform in delivering national outcomes at a local and regional level.
About the Role
Working closely with the Active Travel Development Manager, you will ensure the effective coordination and running of the Stirling Active Travel Hub. Managing a team of 6+ staff working from the Hub, your role will be key in effectively maintaining and creating excellent working relationships both internally and with external partners.
Acting as an ambassador for cycling, walking and low carbon travel in Stirling and the surrounding areas, you will work closely with key local stakeholders and the wider community, to promote and provide specific active travel related information and referral services to the public. The Active Travel Hub aims to promote and encourage low carbon and physically active modes of travel through supporting events and other local activities. It is the role of the Hub Coordinator to effectively manage the team and to ensure the Hub meets its aims and objectives whilst also ensuring the requirements of funding are met throughout the year.
Location:Between Stirling Active Travel Hub, Stirling Train Station, Goosecroft Road, Stirling, FK8 1PF; and FEL head office: Balallan House, 24 Allan Park, Stirling, FK8 2QG
The Closing Date for applications is Midnight on 30th June 2019
Please note CVs will not be accepted as a means of application
Interviews will be held week commencing 15th July 2019
To apply please go to: forthenvironmentlink.org/latest-news/new-vacancy-stirling-active-travel-hub-coordinator
Forth Environment Link is a registered company with charitable status.
Company No. 286 723|Scottish Charity No. SCO 019 276