We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Operations and Engagement Manager to join the ICAS Foundation, a
charity registered in Scotland. The successful individual will support the Director of the ICAS Foundation, to
achieve the strategic objectives of the ICAS Foundation. The current focus of activity is awarding bursaries and
grants to academically talented young people, living in disadvantaged communities, studying accountancy and/or
finance at university together with a mentoring scheme and work placement opportunities.
Key activities include (but are not limited to): -
- Managing 150+ volunteer mentors across the UK. This includes promoting volunteering opportunities, processing
mentor application, interviewing potential volunteers, taking up references, answering queries and ensuring
quarterly updates on the mentor/mentee relationships are submitted timeously.
- Being the key contact for
150+ students across the UK. This includes ensuring bursary conditions are met prior to funds being released,
tracking performance, analysing exam results (must be on track for 2:1 at end of year 2), invitations to ICAS
and ICAS Foundation events, summer internship requirements and any queries regarding the ICAS Foundation
mentoring scheme. The sensitivities in liaising with students from disadvantaged communities are a key
- Processing applications for bursary and funding (circa £350k awarded per annum). This
includes evidencing parental/guardian income and eligibility criteria are met.
- Processing applications
for grant funding circa £50k per annum.
- Keeping all records up to date in relation to the ICAS
Foundation mentoring scheme whilst ensuring the mentor/mentee relationship meets
- Maintaining records in relation to bursary funding (approx. 35 awarded per annum with a
core pool of approx. 150) and grant funding (10+ per annum) and associated risks.
- Providing support to
the Director of the ICAS Foundation, to ensure that the objectives of the ICAS Foundation are
- Managing social media activity and the website (main source of information for students and
supporters) ensuring it is kept up to date.
- Deputising for the Director of the ICAS Foundation at ICAS
events, partnership meetings and donor activity.
- Contributing to discussions to support the effective
operation, development of and fundraising for the ICAS Foundation and associated ICAS charities.
management of 1 member of staff.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate for this role must have:
- Experience of working with university students and/or pupils in secondary school.
- Experience of managing
- Experience of managing people.
- Understanding of widening participation and the
social mobility agenda across the UK.
- ICT skills including knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Microsoft
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work on own initiative.
- Experience of
office organisation and management.
- Experience of ensuring compliance with Scottish charity law and
regulation including Data Protection legislation and Gift Aid.
- Experience of supporting Mentor/Mentee
- Some experience of financial record keeping.
- Experience of building
- Experience of developing and maintaining appropriate record keeping systems, including
use of computerised systems.
- Ability to demonstrate empathy when dealing with applicants for bursary and
- Social media communications experience.
For more information on the work of the ICAS Foundation visit icasfoundation.org.uk
To apply please forward your CV to email@example.com together with a covering letter outlining why you believe your skills
and experience make you the ideal candidate for the role.
The closing date for applications is Friday 7th June 2019.
Interviews will be held w/c 24th June 2019.