“SAFE” (Support Advice Financial Education) An invaluable service which has now proven to be an absolute necessity within the organisation. The SAFE Team engage with all individuals who are seeking advice and information. The number of individuals coming through this service has increased dramatically and a number of people have commented that “they find it much less daunting coming here to get benefit advice”.
Responsibilities will include -
• To carry out financial and benefit health checks with beneficiaries on request or when referred by participating organisations.
• To provide budgeting advice to beneficiaries referred to the project, looking at income and expenditure in detail and supporting them to take control of managing their money and where appropriate to suggest where income could be maximised and outgoings reduced.
• To provide training sessions to staff and volunteers from partner organisations to raise awareness of money management issues and to arrange community-based sessions for beneficiaries where there is a recognised need. In addition to up-skill staff and volunteers so that both CFINE and partners have the capacity to help clients with these issues.
• To assist beneficiaries in form completion and monitor progress of claims.
• To keep up-to-date with new and changing legislation in the field of welfare benefits.
• To keep statistics and other records and prepare reports to funders
Responsible to: SAFE Team Supervisor
Interested? For a job description and how to apply, please contact Fiona Rae, Depute CEO email@example.com