Purpose of Role
To provide support and assistance to the Dundee Women’s Aid team to enable the best possible service to be provided to service users.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
· Receive families and allocate flats, at the same time explaining rules and conditions. This includes transporting them and their belongings to refuge
· Provide an induction to new residents on the heating system, security of the premises and electrical equipment.
· Where appropriate assist women in refuge with the completion of forms, etc.
· Assist with the collection of charges due from residents in refuge, issue receipts, keep records of cash collected, payments due/in arrears, deposit cash at DWA office base
· To cover for the Facilities Manager, other Facilities Worker – Refuge & Admissions or Facilities Worker – Income and Payments in their absence
· To clean and prepare refuge properties for occupation by service users
· Liaise with the Facilities Manager in preparing refuge properties for occupation
· Carry out Weekly Checks of flats and refuges for Health & Safety purposes and ensure that flats are properly maintained by residents and report repairs to the landlord , pass any difficulties to the Facilities Manager
· To respond to ad hoc Health and safety checks including CCTV
· Maintain and check periodically the inventory of furnishings, bedding, crockery, kitchen utensils, etc. pertinent to each flat.
· To complete DIY repairs and maintenance tasks including painting and decorating
· Ensure that immediately prior to a family vacating the accommodation the inventory is checked.
· Assist the family and their belongings to move out of refuge
· Assist with the maintenance of the storeroom and goods therein in a proper and tidy manner and ensure all necessary paperwork for the receipt/and/or issue of resources is completed.
· To provide general admin support to the team including filing, photocopying, maintaining a ready supply of forms such as housing benefit, etc., supplies of stationery.
· Ensure all resources are replenished and accessible
· Assist in the Update of Welcome Packs for refuge properties
· There may be a requirement to work out with normal working hours on occasions.
For further information and to apply please go to: http://www.dundeewomensaid.co.uk/vacancies.php
The closing date for applications is 9:30am on Monday 23rd September 2019.