Children’s Hospices Across Scotland, or as we are better known, CHAS, is a charity on a mission. We’re determined to ensure that wherever there’s a child in Scotland with a life-shortening condition we’re on hand to support them and their family. We want to make sure that no matter how short their time together, it is filled with moments of joy.
Three children die in Scotland each week from an incurable condition. Presently, CHAS is only able to reach one of those children and their families. We are determined to change that.
We are looking for a Shop Assistant Manager to join our Kinross shop to help us maximise vital income and raise awareness of CHAS. This will be a part-time (15 hours per week), three-month contract.
Reporting to the Shop Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient day to day running of the charity shop. You will:
· Promote a service driven culture, providing excellent customer service to help maximise sales, donations and the profitability of the shop
· In the absence of the Shop Manager assume full responsibility for the day to day running of the shop
· Manage stock processes and maximise visual merchandising opportunities
· Open and close the shop and complete end of day cash reconciliation procedures
· Support the recruitment and retention of volunteers, deliver training on key processes and ensure consistent delivery
In order to effectively support CHAS and its fundraising activities, you will:
· Be enthusiastic and energetic, passionate about the values, vision and purpose of CHAS
· Deliver excellent customer service and enjoy working in retail
· Have excellent communication and inter-personal skills to build effective relationships with staff, volunteers and the general public
At CHAS, our ambition is to reach every family in Scotland who is living with the heart-breaking prognosis that their child is dying, and offer them our care and support to empower them to make the most of the short time they have together. As a Shop Assistant Manager, you will be instrumental in achieving this vision and shaping the future of CHAS.
For an informal chat about the position with the Retail Development Manager, please call Ken Doig on 01383 741111.
To be part of the future of CHAS, click 'Apply' at the top of this screen and complete our online application form.
This post is subject to a Basic Disclosure check.