We are looking for 2 Health and Wellbeing Practitioners to support the Wellbeing service across Midlothian.
The Wellbeing service offers person centred, holistic support for people with or at higher risk of long term
conditions. The Health and Wellbeing practitioners work in small teams based across GP practices in Midlothian
to support a holistic supported self-management service for people with long term condition(s) and support the
development of peer support within the service.
The main purpose of this role would be to:
- Use a strengths based personal outcomes approach to help people referred to the service identify and access
appropriate support for them to self manage.
- Manage a caseload of people referred to the
- As appropriate provide one-to-one and group based support for people using the Wellbeing
- To appropriately support people to access other services that would support their
self-management journey. To provide an outreach service for the Health and Wellbeing team to engage hard to
reach clients with the service
- To support volunteers/paid peer supporters who have lived experience of
long term conditions into volunteer/ peer roles to support the Wellbeing team
- To monitor and report on
own work as per agreed monitoring tools and to highlight areas of concern and areas of success
contribute to the organisational strategy and associated key performance indicators by participating in team
meetings as required
- Create meaningful and useful cross-referral links with local leaders and contacts
in health, local authority, voluntary and community organisations.
- To support the Wellbeing team’s work
to provide timely access to the service in Midlothian.
Do you have a proven record of delivering services to people with physical and mental health problems who experience
significant psychosocial barriers? Do you have excellent group work skills? Are you able to manage multiple
tasks? If you do, then we would like to hear from you!
Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for more details.
Please download an application pack from our website or to request paper copies contact
Sarah Bond, Business Support Coordinator, on 0131 656 9946 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 15th September 2019
CVs will not be accepted.
Thistle Foundation is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure Scotland check