Carers Trust Scotland is part of Carers Trust, a major charity for, with and about carers. We work to improve
support, services and recognition for anyone living with the challenges of caring, unpaid, for a family member
or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or addiction problems.
With locally based Network Partners we are able to support carers in the community with information, advice,
emotional support, hands on practical help and access to much needed breaks. We offer specialist services for
carers of people of all ages and conditions and a range of individually tailored support and group
We are currently looking for a Research and Engagement Worker (Scotland). The scope and main duties for this role
- Design, deliver and analyse in-depth research using a mixture of quantitative and qualitative research methods
with students and practitioners across Scotland’s colleges and universities
- Recruit and support a group
of student carers to train as peer researchers, to co-facilitate and co-produce this research
- Engage at least 300 student carers, and 50 practitioners and policy-makers in the research
process and engagement activities to illuminate the lived experience of students with unpaid caring
responsibilities transitioning to and from further and higher education
- Deliver a community engagement
campaign composing of a series of roadshow events to facilitate a national dialogue with students, practitioners
and policy-makers in Scotland
- Identify, design and implement new and innovative step changes needed to
ensure that the barriers for existing or prospective student carers face are significantly reduced
and deliver a research launch event
- Provide reports as required by the funder and other
- Work closely with the Development Officer (Further and Higher Education) to ensure
dissemination of research work to colleges and universities across Scotland
- Be part of the Scotland
The successful candidate will have experience of:
- undertaking social research using a range of methods and developing research reports
- training and supporting peer researchers
- successful project planning and coordination
- partnership working
- working with professionals
- representing and speaking on behalf of a national organisation.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in joining a vibrant
organisation and very successful team.
In order to apply, please complete an application form and send a supporting statement.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com or call 0300 303 3264.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 11 September 2019 with interviews held on Friday 20 September 2019 at
Carers Trust Scotland, Tay House, Glasgow, G2 4JR.
Carers Trust is committed to valuing diversity.
Carers Trust has a number of measures in place to support the carers in its employment including carers leave.
Charity numbers: England and Wales 1145181, Scotland SC042870.