Turning Point Scotland is a national social care charity providing services to adults across a number of care groups,
this post will have a specific responsibility for heading up the organisations Justice Services. The post holder
should have a proven track record in Justice or a closely related area of work such as homelessness or
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to one of Scotland’s leading social care organisations in a key
To manage services and build effective partnerships with purchasers within the area of Justice; enabling Turning
Point Scotland to achieve its commitment to quality services for service users and to continue development of
Justice services within Scotland. Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Position Turning Point Scotland in relation to the Justice agenda in Scotland and take a lead role for Justice
within the organisation.
- Hold external responsibility for the operational management of a number of
innovative Justice services.
- Ensure, as a member of the Senior Management Team that Turning Point
Scotland’s corporate strategies and plans are developed and implemented within the area of
- Ensure the continuing relevance of services to the needs of local communities by building
active partnerships with purchasers to assess those needs whilst developing new and existing
- Ensure that services comply with relevant legislation and registration requirements. To also
meet the highest possible standards of service delivery by monitoring and evaluating service standards. This
should be achieved by placing service users voice and experience at the centre of any evaluation/
- Ensure the protection and best use of the organisations’ resources by implementing and
observing Turning Point Scotland’s systems and procedures for financial control and property
- Apply human resource strategies and plans so as to promote equality of opportunity, staff
skill development and management of employee relations issues including attendance.
- Directly line manage
and provide supervision to the registered managers of our Justice services.
- Represent Turning Point
Scotland and acting as a key spokesperson within the area of Justice, in order to promote the aims of the
organisation and support corporate communication.
- Enable the organisation to develop and achieve its
corporate strategy and plans by undertaking specific tasks as requested, as a member of the TPS Strategic
Management Team and in corporate project groups.
The post holder will be able to demonstrate the leadership characteristics of vision, creativity and innovation and
collaboration. Whilst inspiring and empowering people.
The post holder will:
- Have extensive experience of providing management and supervision
- Have extensive experience in managing
Social Care Services.
- Have a strong values base that s/he can demonstrate through their work practice
that is aligned to our aim ‘Because People Matter’
- Hold a professional social work, nursing, health or
social care qualification or equivalent
- Be able to demonstrate a record of achievement in social
services management, business development, service design and development
- Have a proven track record of
leading, managing and developing staff teams
- Have excellent written, verbal and email communication
- Be a clear thinker, analytical and have sound decision making skills
- Be collegiate,
reflective and keen to learn
- Have a vision of business development in relation to the National Justice
There will be travel commitments within the region, a driving license and access to your own vehicle for work
purposes is essential.
To apply, please visit our WEBSITE
Should you have any queries, please call our freephone recruitment line on 0808 164 3100
Interview Date: 6 September 2019