Glasgow Science Centre (GSC) is one of Scotland’s must see visitor attractions. Our mission is to be an essential
bridge between citizens, science and technology. We inspire people of all ages to explore and understand the
world around them, to discover and enjoy science and understand its relevance to their own lives.
We are recruiting for a Community Learning Coordinator to work within the Glasgow Science Centre Community Learning
and Development team, to implement the Community Learning Programme in accordance with the CLD strategy. This
involves development and delivery of the programme and building relationships and partnerships within
communities across Glasgow, with the aim of impacting on Social Change through science learning.
- Develop and design the content of the Community STEM learning programme in collaboration with team members,
community members, and community/youth workers ensuring they have interesting, current and relevant content and
enable them to be delivered in an entertaining, effective and professional manner that inspire, challenge and
engage a community audience.
- Assist in the training of staff in the delivery of the programme, ensuring
they are equipped with the relevant knowledge and skills to deliver the experience to the highest quality
- Ensure content of all programmes and experiences is scientifically accurate, accessible for
all and where appropriate linked to the relevant curriculum.
- Using a CLD approach, co-deliver the
Community STEM learning programme to community groups either within GSC or in Community
- Participate in the development and delivery of professional learning to CLD Workers, Youth
Workers and other community focussed professionals in order to raise their capacity to integrate STEM learning
into community activities.
- Strong experience in a Community Learning and Development setting – professional CLD qualification desirable.
- Experience of integrating science learning into community activities (this could include digital inclusion, numeracy and other activities related to STEM: science, technology, engineering and maths)
- Significant experience in facilitating group work with a CLD approach.
- Experience in collaborative working and partnership building.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Skilled in developing and delivering project work.
To apply please forward an application form to email@example.com by Monday 29th July 2019.
Application form and job description can be downloaded from our website
Postal address: Human Resources, Glasgow Science Centre, 50 Pacific Quay, Glasgow, G51 1EA