Children’s Hospices Across Scotland – better known as CHAS – is Scotland’s national children’s hospice service.
Following the expansion of our services, we have an Administration Assistant vacancy at Rachel House in Kinross, one of the two hospices run by CHAS. This position involves providing a full range of administrative support to the Diana Children’s Nurses (DCN) alongside the Team Administrator. Please note this is a temporary role for up to one year.
CHAS employs the Diana Children’s Nurse Team to provide inspirational, strategic and professional nursing leadership across multi-professional services. They work alongside hospital and community based staff leading and supporting to ensure there is the necessary knowledge, skills and expertise to deliver high quality palliative care. The assessment, planning and delivery of direct care integrates palliative care for babies, children, young people and their families across all sectors.
· Provide support and assistance to the Diana Children’s Nurses (DCN), including reviewing and maintaining diaries, emails and computer based filing.
· Create documents as requested using Microsoft Office e.g. presentations, letters and reports.
· Create and maintain databases and children’s records, ensuring accuracy and confidentiality.
· Act as the first point of contact for the DCN, dealing with general enquiries and providing information in a tactful and sensitive manner.
· Welcome internal and external visitors in a friendly and professional manner, liaising with other departments as required.
· Reconciling credit card statements, coding team invoices and completing expenses.
In order to support the Diana Children’s Nurses in providing a high standard of care to children and families, and to help CHAS achieve its objectives, you will have:
· Administrative or secretarial qualification to SVQ level 3 or equivalent
· Knowledge of administrative practices and procedures
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite packages including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Experience in a busy office setting
· Experience of diary management and travel planning
· Developed planning and organisational skills
· Commitment to a high quality service
· Good degree of accuracy and attention to detail
The following would also be desirable:
· Experience of working in the public or voluntary sector
For an informal chat about the position with the Associate Nurse Director Libby Gold, please call 01577 865777.
To be part of the future of CHAS, please go to chas.org.uk/current-vacancies where you can download further information about the post and complete our online application form.
This post is subject to a Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check.