We are looking to appoint 3 experienced and highly motivated individuals to join our team.
The focus for these posts will be working with adult and young carers in the community to provide support to carers and young carers.
Applicants must have an understanding of and commitment to the needs of carers, have excellent written and oral communication skills, have experience of developing support plans, an information and advice service, and have a knowledge and understanding of the policy drivers for unpaid carers, especially in relation to the change fund agenda. An understanding of the welfare benefits system and a valid driving licence is desirable.
• To work in partnership with Carers Support Workers to enable Carers to achieve the changes and outcomes they have identified as important to them in their lives
• To deliver and continually develop innovative training programmes and peer support opportunities, in partnership with expert providers when necessary
• To work in partnership with a range of statutory, training and peer support opportunities when appropriate
• Ensure opportunities and programmes are delivered and accessible in a wide range of venues throughout our service area
• To ensure that effective records are kept relating to all activities undertaken
• To attend and contribute to relevant meetings and any related working groups
• To prepare reports as required by the Centre Manager
• To participate in all aspects of publicity for the organisation, contributing to promotions
and events and raising awareness of the project and it’s services when necessary
• To support publicity of the organisation through oral and written presentations
• To participate in local community networks as relevant to the function and duties of the
Job Descriptions and Application Forms are available to download below or directly from:
The Dixon Community
South East Carers Centre
656 Cathcart Road
Glasgow G42 8AA
Tel 0141 423 0728
Closing date for the return of completed applications is 12 noon on Friday 12th July Please note that CVs alone will NOT be considered.
NB: If selected for the position we will check your details with the Central Registered Body in Scotland, which is the designated body for providing PVG checks for voluntary sector staff and volunteers.