We are looking to appoint 3 experienced and highly motivated individuals to join our team.
The focus for these posts will be working with adult and young carers in the community to provide support to carers and young carers.
Applicants must have an understanding of and commitment to the needs of carers, have excellent written and oral communication skills, have experience of developing support plans, an information and advice service, and have a knowledge and understanding of the policy drivers for unpaid carers, especially in relation to the change fund agenda. An understanding of the welfare benefits system and a valid driving licence is desirable.
Main tasks and Responsibilities
• Support the implementation of the Young Carers Schools Resource Pack for Glasgow
• Link with schools to provide training for teaching and non-teaching staff and support in the use of the Resource Pack with a focus on increasing education staff knowledge and understanding of Young Carers, build new and strengthen existing relationships
• Develop guidance, protocols and resources for schools with regards to identifying and supporting young carers and their families
• Work collaboratively with Young Carers Workers, Young Carers Strategy Group and Education Working Group to exchange professional knowledge, experience, mutual support and service development
• Engage key agencies through presentations, newsletters, websites, etc
• Attend and contribute to relevant meetings and any related working groups
• Prepare reports as required by the Young Carers Strategy Group
• Ensure that effective records are kept relating to all activities undertaken
• Co-operate with the introduction of new procedures and/or new equipment/technology
• Any other duties appropriate to the post and in accordance with the requirements of the
Job Descriptions and Application Forms are available to download below or directly from:
The Dixon Community
South East Carers Centre
656 Cathcart Road
Glasgow G42 8AA
Tel 0141 423 0728
Closing date for the return of completed applications is 12 noon on Friday 12th July Please note that CVs alone will NOT be considered.
NB: If selected for the position we will check your details with the Central Registered Body in Scotland, which is the designated body for providing PVG checks for voluntary sector staff and volunteers.