We have been based in Edinburgh for over 15 years and have extensive sales networks across the UK and beyond. We have just completed a Vision and Review Process to strengthen our work and respond to emerging opportunities. This revised role has been identified through that review along with that of the Coordinator and Business Manager post. The third salaried post is that of a Saturday sales assistant. We also have a team of dedicated volunteers working in the shop and staffing stalls at external events.
Hadeel is governed by a Council which meets regularly to plan and oversee development of the charity.
To assist the CBM in the efficient and profitable operation of the Hadeel shop.
We are looking for someone to join our team in a newly created post, to:
• Deliver excellent events and membership hosting services to clients across our Edinburgh venues
• Support the Operations team to foster and grow our client base in all services and locations
• Contribute as part of a growing team to achieve The Melting Pot’s business strategy
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Hosting the coworking space, including:
a. Welcoming customers and visitors
b. Answering telephone enquiries
c. Engaging with Members to strengthen the community
2. Hosting events at our two locations (Rose St and The Crags Centre), including:
a. Setting up the room and AV requirements as requested by the client – this requires being able to move items of furniture unassisted
b. Liaising with the client / facilitator on the day and troubleshooting any issues
c. Servicing the event; providing catering as ordered and on time, regularly clearing the room, ensuring fresh water is always available and assisting with any queries
3. Assisting the administration of our events bookings system
4. Supporting the team to engage the community and wider public through a range of marketing, sales and administration activities, as well as our TMPEvents programme
5. Ensure that all areas of The Melting Pot venues are kept clean, tidy and visually attractive and welcoming at all times.
6. Opening and closing (securing and alarming) The Melting Pot venues
Skills & Qualifications Required:
• Experience working in hospitality in a front-facing / customer service role
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
• Confidence in working alone and troubleshooting issues efficiently and effectively
• Organised with proven administration and time management skills, ability to self-manage and work to deadlines
• Good IT skills and experience of using common software packages, including MS Word Office Suite