Ark is a major provider of Housing, Care and Support to people with long term and enduring conditions such as learning disabilities, mental health issues, dementia and autism. Our aim is to ensure that those who use our services get the very best out of Ark to enable them to live as independently as possible and lead a happy life.
Ark is looking for dedicated and caring individuals who are committed to making a difference in our supported people’s lives. Your role will be to provide practical, emotional and social support. Ark offers a detailed induction and training programme designed to ensure you have all the skills you need for the job. First and foremost you will align with Ark’s values – Trust, Respect, Understanding, Equality and Integrity.
Your main duties will be but not limited to:
• Working with colleagues as part of an effective and efficient team to support vulnerable service users.
• Communicate and work well with individuals to provide individual care and maintain appropriate relationships.
• Carry out tasks in accordance with organisational policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Being responsible in supporting individuals throughout the activities, giving positive feedback and encouragement.
In return for your valuable contribution, Ark will also offer you:
• Full and comprehensive training programme, e-Learning and a dedicated SVQ team who will support you to achieve an industry specific, accredited qualification.
• Up to 36 days paid holiday per year pro rata
• 4% Contributory pension scheme
• Employee recognition schemes
• Opportunities for career progression
• Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
• Refer a Friend Scheme
• Sodexo Employee Benefits
This is an exciting role and comes at a time where Ark have undertaken a major piece of work where we have reviewed and developed our Business Plan for the next 5 years and beyond. This business plan will see Ark reshape as a modern, future-focused organisation that builds on our technological and digital capability that aims to positively impact on the lives of its tenants, supported people and staff.
The Supported Housing Worker role requires assisting in the management of the development thus ensuring the tenants are able to enjoy an acceptable standard of living in an environment which is clean, safe and friendly. You will be responsible for overseeing the wellbeing of the tenants and for assisting them in maintaining their independence.
As Housing Care Worker your role will involve working with our tenants to ensure they receive the support and personal care identified in their care plans. You will directly support tenants in their homes by providing individual advice, practical housing support assistance and personal care.
Both roles are to ensure that we are able to offer the best service to our tenants and make it possible for our tenants to continue enjoying as much independent living as they’re able.
As well as a competitive annual salary, our valued team also benefits from:
We also have opportunities with our Trust Staff Agency - for employees who want to work across different locations, in various roles, with highly flexible hours to suit family commitments - it's a great opportunity with the same training and development that our other roles benefit from.
Previous experience working in social care or the housing sector would be an advantage but this is not always necessary. Our ideal candidate is someone with enthusiasm, a caring nature and willingness to learn as full training, support and ongoing development will be provided.