Your daily routine will be as varied as the needs of people you are looking after. You will act as a key worker to specific people and lead service projects contributing to company objectives. You will often be helping people to wash & dress, eat & drink, and go about their daily activities. You may be cooking for them or taking them shopping, helping filling in forms for them, or moving them into a comfortable position.
You will often be the first to alert professionals with updates on support and any new health problems. You will be liaising with a variety of professionals to ensure that the relevant support is provided.
If you are a motivated individual who takes pride & accountability in the work you do, then we want to hear from you!
A comprehensive, engaging and interactive induction programme is provided; however, it is essential that applicants can meet the following criteria:
• Experience of dealing with challenging behaviours
• Good communication & interpersonal skills
• Ability to be flexible in approach to work
• Good reporting & recording skills
• Full Manual Driving licence.
Due to Step Ups expanding programme, we welcome motivated and person centred candidates to apply.
Have you ever thought about being a CAREGiver?
We use the unique term “CAREGiver” because our CAREGivers are special and we’re no ordinary care company!
Here at Home Instead Edinburgh we strive to be an employer of choice. That’s why we focus on personality and values and not just work experience when speaking to potential CAREGivers and provide on-going support and full training to all new employees! No matter your background – we may have the perfect opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for CAREGivers across most Edinburgh postcodes – please read on to find out more about what we do!
What does a CAREGiver do?
· CAREGivers provide support and companionship to regular clients, whom they visit for two hours or more per each visit. We pride ourselves on offering a minimum of two hours per visit – that means there is less time spent travelling and more time building relationships!
· Our positions are on-going – with no closing date. It’s all about building a career as well as building rapport with the people you support!
· CAREGivers’ working hours are flexible to suit their availability - we currently offer up to 20 hours a week. Many of our caregivers work with us around other commitments - whether that be family, caring for a relative of their own, another job, or their own business. Your hours can include weekdays, evenings and / or weekends - depending on what suits!
· While quite a few of our caregivers drive, not all do.