The Officer will work as part of a small team providing Self Directed Support information and guidance across the Forth Valley Area. This is to individuals, carers, families and our Health and Social Care partners with a focus on:
The officer will report back to the SDS Co coordinator.
The Officer will work as part of a small local team, providing Self Directed Support information while also developing support across the Forth Valley Area. Providing guidance and support to supported people and carers with a focus on:
· Working with people to ensure they feel more informed, listened to and less stressed in relation to the Persons Pathway, Self-Directed Support process and right practices.
· Exploring choice and control regarding personal outcomes support planning while engaging with the 4 SDS Options while managing expectations.
· Providing guidance and support for people so they are better prepared, more confident to engage and contribute to social care assessments and reviews, while pursuing what matters to them.
· Growing people’s skills to feel more engaged, included and empowered to explore choices and manage their social care packages while facilitating people’s aspirations
· Designing, compiling and circulating information to increase knowledge and understanding rights and principles of Self-Directed Support
· Facilitating workshops with learning and development opportunities to supported and non-supported individuals and partners.
· Being strategically active and a key link in SDS activities with Local Authorities, Community groups, organisations, schools and clubs and voluntary sector providers across Forth Valley.
· Empowering people and local groups to take appropriate action towards choice and control within the ethos and spirit of Self-Directed Support.
· Putting plans into action and delivery of plans in line with the projects aims.
· Assessing progress against agreed measures, refining actions and evaluating as necessary.
The Community Engagement Officer will work autonomously while liaising closely with the SDS Coordinator.
The successful applicant for this post will be subject to disclosure checks under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups scheme.
The position is funded by Inspiring Scotland who manage the Support in The Right Direction project.)