Charity registered in Scotland SC036500
Waverley Care is Scotland’s HIV and Hepatitis C charity. Across Scotland, we are reducing new HIV and Hepatitis C infections, encouraging people to get tested and providing much needed support to people living with, or affected by these conditions. Through our work, we are also challenging HIV and Hepatitis C related stigma, tackling health inequalities and promoting good sexual health.
Waverley Care are recruiting a Digital Communications Officer to help us build awareness and support for our work across Scotland.
The successful candidate will join us at a crucial time in our history as we work towards hepatitis C elimination, zero HIV transmissions and improved sexual health education for all in Scotland.
The Digital Communications Officer position is a newly created role to support the work of the Communications Manager. You will be responsible for shining a spotlight on the work we do, why we do it and the impact it has on our service users through inspiring storytelling and data driven strategy. This term is fixed term for 18 months, with the possibility of extension.
We are looking for a highly engaged and motivated communications professional who can bring the following attributes to the role:
· An experienced and driven digital communicator, with excellent copywriting skills and an eye for a story.
· A proactive individual with an infectious enthusiasm for digital communications and their finger on the pulse of new developments in digital marketing and communications.
· A team player who can develop strong working relationships across a range of operational teams and stakeholders who work with us to deliver services.
· A commitment to continued professional development.
· An interest in our work and the life changing impact it has.
If that sounds like you then we would love to hear from you. In return, we offer a supportive and valuing work environment with encouragement to develop personally and professionally.
For enquiries related to this role, please contact: Niamh Barton-Maynard (Communications Manager)