Dunfermline Foodbank is offering an exciting and challenging job opportunity to manage and lead a committed group of volunteers as they seek to alleviate hunger, put food on the table, restore dignity and revive hope to local people in crisis in the west of Fife.
Dunfermline Foodbank, established as a Scottish Charity in 2012, has fed over 26,000 men, women and children through its network of five foodbanks covering the west of Fife, as a franchisee of the respected Trussell Trust network of UK foodbanks.
Over the last 7 years, we have expanded our operation to include 5 satellites and a central warehouse, also increasing the number of volunteers to over 200 to better support those affected by food poverty in the West Fife area.
We require a passionate, enthusiastic and organised Foodbank Manager to continue to lead us forward to meet future challenges and provide an excellent service for the community.
The working hours are 37 hours per week with a degree of flexibility, covering the open times of our foodbanks, occasional evening presentations and limited weekend work.
Remuneration reflects the responsibility of the post at £26,500 per annum.
The successful candidate will have the following key skills:
* Ability to manage and monitor the development of a project
* Experience of managing people
* Experience of working or volunteering in an organisation that deploys volunteers
* Good oral communication
* Driver with clean licence
* Confident user of email, word processing and internet
* Ability to work independently and unsupervised
* Numerate and comfortable interpreting statistical data
* Honesty and integrity
* Empathy and ability to work with people from disadvantaged, marginalised, or socially excluded backgrounds
As well as having the following personal attributes:
* Passionate about tackling poverty
* A sound understanding of, and experience of engagement with a wide range of stakeholders, including churches, Christians of different denominations, charities, statutory agencies, organisations, private companies and community groups.