Fife Migrants Forum (FMF) is a registered Scottish charity serving as an information discovery point, primarily, but not exclusively, to members from migrant and ethnic minority communities in Fife. FMF provides the following services:
· a multilingual advice and information service;
· advocacy and casework support;
· employability support;
· IT support;
· Personal development opportunities.
FMF also works in collaboration with mainstream service providers and other third sector organisations to provide tailored support to their client groups.
Fife Migrants Forum is looking to fill 3 Board Members vacancy roles to setting the strategic direction of the organisation and ensuring its long-term success. They must ensure, working alongside the Leadership Team, that the organisation achieves its aims and objectives efficiently, effectively and in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements.
Board members will be expected to attend and contribute to Board Meetings which happen every 2 months on a Monday evening, plus participation in additional sub committees as required, and attend 2 to 3 half days on Saturday mornings from 10am to 1pm for Development and Strategy Days.
An annual review to identify training and development needs will be carried out by the Board as a group event.
We offer extensive training including an Induction Training and ongoing support. Travel expenses will be paid at .40 pence per mile.
The right candidate will have a mix of skills:
- Social Media knowledge and management / Finance, Accounting, Bookkeeping / Human Resources, legal
- Leadership skills
- Knowledge and understanding of migration (desired but not essential)
- Strategic thinking and decision making
- Good communication skills in verbal and writing
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
What is expected from you:
- Have a commitment to the purpose, mission and values of Fife Migrants Forum
- Have a strong interest in working on the advancement of Fife Migrants Forum
- Have cultural awareness, understanding and appreciation of different cultural needs
- Act morally and ethically in accordance with the values of Fife Migrants Forum
- Avoid Conflicts of interest
- Understand the need to base decisions on what is good for Fife Migrants Forum
- Accept accountability for group decisions so that the Board of Directors speaks with one voice
- Can dedicate 2 or 3 hours a week to your board work for a term of four (4) years
- Prepare for all meetings and conference calls in advance and actively participate in all of them
- Efficiently use technology to respond to online communications (emails, web meetings, conference calls)
- Maintain confidentiality
- Have institutional support for their service during the four year term.