Charity registered in Scotland SC042429
The STV Appeal is committed to helping children and young people affected by poverty in Scotland. The money raised
by the STV Appeal helps make a real difference in the lives of Scotland’s children and young people by
providing practical help like food and warm clothes; creating opportunities for training and employability;
and enabling social and emotional support for those who need it most.
In its first four years the STV Appeal has raised over £8.2 million. This has allowed us to make 297 big and small grants to projects across all 32 local authority areas in Scotland, providing much needed support to over 37,000 children.
The STV Appeal was launched in 2011 by The Hunter Foundation and STV. In 2013, The Wood Foundation pledged its support to The STV Appeal for projects in the North East.
Every single penny raised by the STV Appeal stays in Scotland and 100% of donations are spent on the children who need it most, as all overheads are met by STV and The Hunter Foundation. In 2014, the Scottish Government once again committed to match fund the first £1m raised.
The Fundraising Executive will work to increase the contributions of local businesses, schools and community groups to the STV Appeal by building relationships and developing new fundraising opportunities.
In this role you will manage a portfolio of event partnerships and existing community relationships. You will have experience of successfully developing and supporting community fundraising within a charity, sales or marketing role.
· Inspire new and potential supporters to raise money, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters.
· Encourage fundraisers to take part in mass participation events and celebrity challenges.
· Support and attend events, as necessary (sometimes outside contracted working hours).
· Support new and imaginative fundraising campaigns under the leadership of the Campaign Managers.
· Provide support for key fundraisers. Manage day to day enquiries, attend regular client meetings and support activities.
· Monitor, review, evaluate fundraising activities and provide analysis to partners to identify areas of fundraising growth.
· Managing the CRM system for community fundraisers and maintain contact with donors for future involvement in STV Appeal.
· Raising awareness of the charity and its work at local and national levels.
· Assist in any other aspect of the work of the Company as reasonably required.
Skills and experience:
· Demonstrable experience of identifying, establishing and developing fundraising partnerships.
· Ability to generate creative ideas and present proposals.
· Excellent negotiating and networking skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
· A positive and proactive attitude to managing a high volume of work and conflicting priorities calmly and effectively
· Good organisational and project management skills.
· Self motivated with the ability to work on your own initiative and also part of a team.
· Degree qualified or equivalent.
· Excellent IT skills, including proficiency in all MS Office applications.
· Full, clean driving licence is essential.