- The General Manager will be responsible for the day to day running of the Trust, ensuring staff are meeting the
objectives of their job roles and are fulfilling the needs of our guests during events and open
- The Manager will aid with the running of the office and be aware of the Trusts finances helping
to maximise income during closed season.
- The Manager will have to provide structure and build a good
relationship with staff to ensure the smooth running of the Trust completing staff welfare and performance
checks on a monthly basis.
- The Manager must be approachable, empathetic and be open to suggestion as
everyone at Blair Castle operates as a close-knit team.
- The Manager is responsible for promoting and
maintaining the Trust website and social media pages
- A key part of the post will be to develop new
income streams for the Trust as well as increasing our profile with outside bodies, Councils and local
This role is subject to a 6 months probationary period.
Please download the Job Description below for further information about this role.
Scottish Mining Welfare Trust is a registered charity which has been in existence since 1927.
We provide subsidised holidays to people who have worked in the mining industry and their family.
We exist to help alleviate social isolation and give opportunities to people who may have financial difficulties. We
work in Partnership with CISWO and other Third Sector organisations to provide the best supported service.
This is an exciting opportunity to support a diverse and expanding organisation and build on and further develop its