RFEA are looking for a highly motivated Regional Employment Advisor for the East of Scotland to support ex forces
personnel into employment. Working on behalf of the Ex Forces Employment Programme, the successful applicant
will have a track record of providing employment and job finding support. A strong customer focus and an ability
to work independently to achieve targets and deadlines is an essential requirement along with strong
communication and organising skills, knowledge of the local employment market, training and adult education
opportunities. NVQ Level 4 in Advice & Guidance is highly desirable but not essential as training will be
- Assess client needs, using an Outcomes Star and motivational interviewing techniques.
- Make appropriate
referrals to other military charities or other organisations for wider needs.
- Maintain the relationship
with the client throughout the delivery of support to meet wider needs where appropriate.
vocational diagnostics and advice to develop an Action Plan. This will be developed using our online
employability tools and our understanding of the local employment market informed by the Regional Employment
Bulletin and roles on Rightjob.
- Where additional motivational activities would be beneficial, organise
participation in programmes such as Future for Heroes and RBLI Lifeworks.
- Identify and subsequently
engage with training and Adult Education providers to identify opportunities that meet clients’ requirements in
accordance with Action Plans.
- Support applications for additional grants as necessary, including
Employment Support Grants.
- Where confidence can be developed, or a route to employment created, provide
advice and guidance for clients to obtain appropriate work experience placements, or work based training in
accordance with their Action Plans.
- Support clients to develop their CVs and prepare for the job
application process and interviews.
- Provide job search advice and job-brokerage using Regional
Employment Bulletins, knowledge of the local employment market and RightJob .
- As required, provide
in-work or placement support to ensure client vocational outcomes are sustainable.
- Collaborate with
other RFEA programmes and partner charities.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity in all interactions with
the data management system (ADAPT) ensuring timely recording of all client and employer/organisational
Salary starts at £26,000 rising to £27,500 upon successful completion of probation. The appointment will be based in
Edinburgh and work out of PoppyScotland offices. The applicant must have a right to work in the UK and have been
resident in the UK for the last 5 years.