To work within the heart of the Collydean Community and reach out to engage with young people to facilitate their personal, social and educational development and enable them to gain a voice, influence and place in society in a period of their transition from dependence to independence.
· Ability to engage effectively with young people in their own community and contribute towards their learning and development.
· Network with relevant agencies to increase awareness of the project and Collydean Community Centre.
· Develop open, honest and trusting relationships with young people who may not be engaging in youth activities.
· To reach out and encourage young people to learn from their experiences but also to enable them to address some of the issues that may be affecting their lives, through planned learning experiences. Encourage them to participate in decision-making processes which may affect them.
· Support the Centre Manager with providing regular reports
· Diversify the offer of youth work activities available to our members.
· Develop and support project work that is structured and relevant to young people’s needs, through liaison and partnership working with other services and agencies.
· Participating in relevant training courses as required.
· Complete reports and feedback statistical information to the Centre Manager.
· Promoting the work of the Collydean Community Centre in a positive and exciting manner.
· Visit groups, provide information and training where required.
· Deliver training for young people as required.
· Other reasonable duties as identified by the Centre Manager
The Job Description is purposefully intended to be of a general nature, defining the main elements of work required for the successful operation of the work of the Collydean Community Centre.
Although the post holder should be IT literate and be viewed by young people attending youth work projects and clubs as a positive role model and influence in their lives.
Before confirming appointment, you will be provided to obtain a Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PCG) Scheme Membership through Disclosure Scotland.
It is a diverse role requiring a range of skills and qualities to ensure the longer-term sustainability of Collydean Community Centre.
The main role of the Centre Manager is to achieve an increase in hall bookings and activities and help to ensure the long-term financial sustainability of the Centre as a result. Core duties include:
· to monitor and promote usage and activity programmes
· research, compile and complete applications for local & national funding
· to meet regularly with customers to discuss their needs and feedback
· to oversee the Centre’s upkeep and maintenance;
· to administer and control the financial activities of the charity
This position requires an enthusiastic, creative individual to support the successful operation of the Centre. You will have the required drive, passion and determination to help the Centre deliver specified outputs, maximising the use of the Centre to achieve a range of outcomes for the local community. You will be able to demonstrate relevant management experience and have a successful track record of delivering quality outputs. Relevant experience of the voluntary/ community development sectors would be beneficial. Supporting the development of sustainable income streams through creative use of the available space is also a requirement of the post. Specifically, the role will include:
· Monitoring and delivering agreed project outcomes/ milestones and report regularly to funders/ stakeholders, ensuring quality and impact is measured appropriately.
· Initiating activities and programmes which promote the Centre and increase usage.
· Monitoring facility use and activities/ services offered to ensure consistency and quality is maintained.
· Consulting regularly with Centre customers and the wider community and react to the diverse and changing needs of our users
· Initiating a cyclical maintenance programme and establish an appropriate budget for short, medium and longer-term investment.
· Establishing appropriate management systems to ensure smooth operation of the facility on a day to day basis.
· Line management and supervision of all staff members
· Strengthening and supporting the Centre’s growing volunteer base.
· Reporting on a monthly basis to the Board of Management
The Centre Manager will be directed by and work closely with the Centre’s Board of Management, with whom ultimate responsibility for the Centre lies. Given the nature of the post you will be subject to a PVG application.