Bishopbriggs Community Church is a vibrant, multi-generational, charismatic church on the outskirts of Glasgow.
We are currently looking for a passionate, creative and visionary youth worker to coordinate and develop our youth
work. This is initially a part-time post. 16 hours a week for at least the next two years.
Main Purpose of Post
Our strap line is Loving God, Loving Others, and our church has the following three core values.
- God-centred, Jesus-focused, Spirit-filled
- Community & Mission
These core values describe our passion for God and for seeing our lives, and the lives of people in our community,
transformed through the power of the Holy Spirit.
The post holder will become an integral part of Bishopbriggs Community Church, and work with our leadership team to
develop and embody these values with young people in our church and local community. This will involve
establishing a vibrant atmosphere of youth work within our church with some community aspects. The main focus
will be on young people of secondary school age, but additionally will support children transitioning into
Essential Job Functions
- Support ongoing youth ministry within the church, and nurture the Christian faith of young people within the context of a multi-generational church
- Develop and lead activities for young people to explore the Bible and Christian faith in a range of appropriate ways and to promote the discipleship of Christian young people in the church
- Create opportunities for young people to become involved in the life of the church
- Work with a school chaplaincy team in Bishopbriggs Academy. e.g. SU group, occasional assemblies
- To encourage older teenagers and young adults to grow in faith and develop as young leaders
- To plan and lead away days or residential activities for young people
- Participate in the recruitment, training, motivation and support of suitable volunteers for all areas of youth work
- Network and partner with other relevant partners and agencies where appropriate
- To carry out any administration, report writing, attending meetings and other duties that the post may require
- Undertake any other tasks as may be required from time to time