Charity registered in Scotland SC037554
Imagine not being able to move, sleep, or smile. Feeling anxious or depressed and struggling to think or remember. Your body not feeling like your own. This is what Parkinson's can feel like.
Every hour, two people in the UK are told they have Parkinson's – a brain condition that turns lives upside down, leaving a future full of uncertainty.
Parkinson’s UK is an ambitious and dynamic charity, passionate about improving the lives of everyone affected by Parkinson’s. We are working towards bringing forward the day that no-one fears Parkinson’s, and our pace and determination is stronger than ever.
About the role
To be working at Parkinson’s UK at this time could well be a career high and a life event for all of us. We’re moving fast now to deliver better treatments and maybe a cure for Parkinson’s within years, not decades, and you would be part of the Regional Fundraising Operations team ensuring that effective support is in place to assist the success of the Regional Fundraising strategy and our ambitious team income and engagement targets to make this possible. What could be a better career reward than that?
You’ll be responsible for providing excellent levels of supporter care to all potential and existing supporters and event participants, as well as working closely with and supporting colleagues in the Scotland & Northern Ireland Regional Fundraising team and the Regional Fundraising Operations team.
What you’ll do:
In this role, you will:
· Be responsible for day-to-day admin in the Scotland Office including, taking calls, monitoring shared inboxes, processing income and written correspondence with supporters.
· Support the Regional Fundraising team in Scotland & Northern Ireland providing support, analysis and research via social media and digital tools and assisting with event promotion to local media outlets.
· Participate in the delivery and fulfilment of regional fundraising events, including attendance and support of event organiser on the day, as required
What you’ll bring:
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
· Excellent experience in delivering effective customer service/supporter care
· Proven experience of working with a relational database, and accurate data entry
· Supporting the organisation of events and working collaboratively across teams
· Operating and communicating in a modern digital workplace, including using digital tools to work collaboratively and productively and basic knowledge of general media promotion tools.
If you think you could help us, we would love to hear from you.
Due to location and scope of the role, a driving license and access to a car is desirable
1st May 2019
Regional fundraising is at the centre of how Parkinson's UK raises vital funds locally. By volunteering to join our community fundraising team you will help us be closer to a cure and support people living with Parkinson's. Read more