Charity registered in Scotland SC008315
The Employee will carry out the whole duties pertaining to the post of Church Officer which shall include: -
1. Preparation for and attendance at the usual diets of worship on Sundays, including communion service.
Such preparation will include the laying of the covers for communion services.
2. Subject to the overall direction of the Minister, the Employee will, in connection with these duties, act
on the instructions of the Session Clerk.
3. Preparation for and attendance at the Sunday School services and any special services. Subject to the
overall direction of the Minister, the Employee will, in connection these duties, act on the instructions
of the Leader of the Sunday School, the Deputy Leader or the Secretary.
4. Preparation of the premises for all services, meetings etc. including the heating, airing and general
making ready thereof.
5. After all services, etc. the Employee shall be responsible for effectively tidying up and cleaning the
premises, arranging for the laundering of communion tablecloths and towels, washing up and putting
away all dishes, utensils, etc. used.
6. The Employee shall be responsible for keeping the premises thoroughly clean and tidy
on a Sunday, taking such cleaning action as required.
7. If any repairs are required to the premises or their furnishings, the Employee will forthwith report the
same to the Session Clerk.
8. At all diets of worship on Sundays and weekdays [if required] the Employee shall be suitably dressed,
further guidance is available from Minister.
9. The employee will be responsible to the Minister and assist him/her in their duties.
10. Such additional duties as may reasonably be requested by the Employer from time to time.
11. The employee will make sure that the offering is placed in the secure location as agreed with the
12. The employee will set up the main hall for refreshments following the service.
13. The employee will buy tea, coffee, milk, sugar, biscuits etc. for after service fellowship and present
receipts to treasurer for reimbursement
14. After the service the employee will assist in the making, distributing of refreshments
Then after the clearing of refreshments etc. tidying away table and chairs etc.
15. The employee will follow all Scottish Government and Church of Scotland guidelines, and implement
in relation to their duties as Church officer.
16. A live church connection is desirable, as a reference will be asked for by your Minister/Pastor/Priest
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and may be altered as required
A live church connection is desirable.
Additional hours may be available to act as church officer for funerals, weddings etc.
Main Purpose of Role
To work collaboratively with the Minister, Kirk Session and Congregation to build upon and develop ministry to and
with children, young people and families. This will include taking responsibility for planning specific activities and
events and initiating innovative ways of connecting with children, young people and families.
10 hours per week,
3 on a Sunday morning - 10am to 1pm, teaching and developing our Young Church
7 to be used during the week for planning and developing other activities
The successful candidate will also be the pastoral contact for all Creche and Young Church famalies.
Additional hours may be available for planning and delivering at key Christian festivals
A live church connection is essential as we will be requesting a reference from your Minister/Pastor/Priest