Charity registered in Scotland SC010440
The Society of Antiquaries of Scotland is looking for an organised and motivated candidate to fill an exciting new role for our busy Scottish Charity. This is a key role as first point of contact for our existing and prospective membership drawn from around the world and will be responsible for the administration of our membership database. You will also help organise and deliver our programme of digital and in-person events.
First point of contact with members.
Administration of membership database.
Event organisation and delivery.
Assisting staff and members with membership queries.
· Experience working in an administrative environment for a membership-based organisation or similar.
· Excellent organisational and time-management skills with ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines and work on own initiative.
· IT literate (particularly membership database skills) and open to learn new digital skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· High standard of accuracy with close attention to detail.
· Proactive and flexible approach.
· Familiarity with social media platforms and policies.
· Experience with booking and event management.
· Experience of website content management systems (CMS).
· Experience of MS Dynamics based membership databases.
· Strong relationship-building skills.
· Strong problem-solving skills.
The ideal candidate will have strong organisational skills and some membership database management experience, although training will be provided where necessary and this post would suit someone starting or changing their career. They will be motivated and able to handle a busy and varied workload, balancing the need to communicate effectively with members of the Society and run an efficient and organised membership database. They will have strong relationship-building skills and the ability to help organise and administer events.
We’re looking for an excellent candidate to fill this exciting role in the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland. The Society is seeking an organised and motivated individual to undertake the general office administration of a busy membership organisation.
Key Duties of the role:
You will be enthusiastic, punctual and well-presented, demonstrating a ‘can do’ attitude and using your own initiative wherever necessary. Working within a busy team environment, you will possess the ability to integrate well with your colleagues and will manage your own workload confidently and effectively. This role requires excellent attention to detail and excellent oral and written communication skills. Basic IT skills are an essential requirement for the role, in addition to having a desire to learn new IT skills.
The ideal candidate will have strong organisational skills and some office management experience, although training will be provided where necessary and this post would suit someone starting or changing their career. They will be motivated and able to handle a busy and varied workload, balancing the need to communicate effectively with members of the Society and run and efficient and organised work environment for staff.