▪ To build and establish points of contact with children, youth and their families with a view to integrate them more fully into the life of the Church through an inclusive programme of activities and mission.
▪ To build on the current church groups, evaluating how they are meeting the needs of the family and youths that we serve and how these groups connect with mission/outreach of the congregation.
▪ To lead, develop and maintain relationships with community groups, other agencies in the town and to build up a community profile and to work on specific projects within the community through partnership working.
▪ Establish contact with primary and secondary schools with a view to providing chaplaincy or other support
▪ To develop and organise fresh expressions of worship/Messy Church in consultation with the Minister and Kirk Session.
▪ Create a small team of church members to aid the Kirk Session with Strategic Planning through assessment of current activity.
▪ To be involved in and have input into the life of the congregation, sharing in worship.
▪ To communicate to the Kirk Session information/vision for the work at every Kirk Session Meeting and to Presbytery when requested.
▪ Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time by the Parish Minister.
A full Job Description is available for download below.