Charity registered in Scotland SC037300
Since 2001, Maryhill Integration Network SCIO (MIN) has been bringing communities together through social, cultural and educational projects. Our overall aim is to support meaningful and lasting positive community integration and we work with a wide cross section of community participants from asylum seeker, refugee and migrant backgrounds and members of the local host community. MIN’s main service is a weekly programme of activities, offering people a chance to share experiences, develop skills and take part in worthwhile activities to improve their communities. This runs alongside regular community events and outreach partnership projects which are coordinated across the city. During the Covid 19 crisis we have adapted the services we provide to support the communities and volunteers we work with which includes providing online groups, activities, meetings and advice whenever possible.
About the role
MIN is extremely lucky to have over 60 volunteers from diverse backgrounds supporting our programme of activities in various roles. The Volunteer Coordinator will work to support volunteers and continue to develop the volunteer project, creating more opportunities for volunteering at MIN and connecting MIN members with external volunteering opportunities. The Volunteer Coordinator will share our goal of opening doors for people who face barriers through volunteering and support people to access roles and duties that reflect their needs, as well as embracing their skills and talents. Due to the current social distancing guidelines and restrictions the role will be predominantly online for the time being, with a view to potentially blended working in the near future, and therefore we are looking for someone who is experienced in using online meeting platforms and resources and can develop online support and training for volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Respond to volunteering enquiries and manage MIN’s online volunteer sign-up form
· Develop and promote new volunteering opportunities at MIN
· Oversee the volunteer journey through interview, induction, continued support and development
· Maintain volunteer database in accordance with data protection and GDPR policy
· Supporting MIN group members to find and apply for external volunteering
· Recording volunteer project activities and outcomes for reporting to funders.
· Organise volunteer development days, team building and recognition of appreciation
· Networking with other voluntary organisations
Personal skills and attributes:
· Independent & experienced with working or volunteering in a community setting
· Passionate about promoting diversity in volunteering, able to recognise and respond to varying support needs
· Organised, with excellent time & workload management
· Familiar with GSuite (gmail, drive, docs & calendar), Mailchimp and MS Office.
· Able to work flexible hours including evenings and sometimes weekends.
· Can work creatively and on own initiative to develop the volunteer project