Charity registered in Scotland SC032736
Home-Start is a voluntary organisation committed to promoting the welfare of families with children under the age of 5. Volunteers offer regular support, friendship and practical help to families experiencing difficulties.
Home-Start Glasgow North and North Lanarkshire is a voluntary organisation committed to working alongside families with children under 5 who are dealing with challenges in their lives. As one of Scotland’s largest family support charities, we provide a variety of services to families including peer support, family groups and more specialist interventions. Our work is supported by a team of trained volunteers recruited from the local community.
We are currently looking for a creative, passionate and inspirational team member who has experience in both securing funds and managing a great team of staff to deliver a support service to families when they need it most. Key responsibilities associated with the role include:
· To ensure sustainability of funding through bid writing and reporting whilst maintaining and developing relationships with funders
· To explore diversification of funding sources including community fundraising and social enterprise
· To work alongside Scheme Manager developing and monitoring specialist projects
· To manage, support and develop staff and volunteers
· To provide guidance and direction in relation to day to day operations including Child Protection and volunteer management
To provide management support as required and deputise for the Scheme Manager in their absence
Re-advertisement. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
Home-Start is a voluntary organisation committed to supporting families and children under 5 who are facing a variety of different challenges. As one of Scotland’s largest Home-Starts, we currently support many families across the North of Glasgow and North Lanarkshire and there is increasing demand for us to do more.
To meet this need, we are now looking forward to welcoming additional staff who have the passion, vision and enthusiasm to complement our current North Lanarkshire team based in Bellshill.
Key responsibilities -
Funded by the National Lottery Community Fund.
Befriending / Mentoring
10th November 2017
• be a parent or have parenting experience • have a positive attitude to working with people of any gender, family status or sexual identity, or who are from any ethnic origin, culture or religion, or who may have a disability • demonstrate a sensitive and caring attitude tow… Read more