Charity registered in Scotland SC043877
Key details about the role
• The fundraiser will support the fundraising manager with a wide range of fundraising activity within Dads Rock including engaging with corporate supporters, community and events.
• We want you to help us build great relationships with our supporters and help them achieve their fundraising ambitions.
• You’ll play a key role in securing unrestricted income to grow Dads Rock’s capability to support more families.
• Working in a small, friendly team, with the aim of improving outcomes for children across Scotland.
Key information about who we are looking for
You will have:
• Excellent relationship building skills
• Great communication skills
• Demonstrable success in securing funds
• Experience of successfully managing multiple priorities.
Key information about the role
• The salary scale is 24-26k pro rata (2.5-3 days per week, 18 month contract)
• This is a new role to work with the Fundraising Manager.
• Dads Rock is open to flexible working.
• You will receive 28 annual leave plus public holidays (pro rata)
• There is an employer contribution pension and life insurance scheme.
A Job Description is available for download below.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Work within the parameters of Dads Rock agreed policies. Promoting the ethos and objectives of the organisation and the services it runs.
2. Coaching vulnerable Young Dads and liaising with other health and social care organisations to achieve the best for each Dad.
3. Supporting Dads, children and families across Glasgow, engaging with them 1:1.
4. Preparing, facilitating and evaluating activities; dealing with queries; offering informal support, and sign posting on. With the aim of increasing the confidence and resilience of Dads, grandfathers and male carers.
5. Support the delivery of parenting workshops and training.
6. Build strong, positive relationships with local stakeholders, agencies and individuals.
7. Help coordinate training events and presentations, to professionals, stakeholders, and agencies across Scotland, as well as to a range of Dads.
8. Generate ideas for new events or fundraising actions and work with supporters, members and service users on the delivery of these.
9. Contribute to the development of an online and face to face community.
10. Contributing to the upkeep of accurate and timely data in line with relevant legislation and the organisations policies and procedures.
11. Update good practice policies which ensure the safety of children, their fathers and workers.
Dads Rock is one of Scotland’s fastest growing charities, improving outcomes for children by supporting their Dads and families. We currently have three vacancies to join our dynamic and diverse voluntary Board team at an exciting time, as we continue our national expansion across Scotland – and beyond!
We are looking for three highly engaged Trustees who will bring a diverse range of skills and experience to our Board, contributing meaningfully and effectively to the ongoing development and execution of the Dads Rock Strategy.
We are particularly interested in applications from individuals with experience and skills in HR / Employment Law, Finance and Digital.
Previous Board experience is not required, but proven experience in a senior leadership role would be advantageous.
Dads Rock is an ambitious, fast-growing Charity, based in Edinburgh and delivering services across Scotland’s central belt, as we develop our national strategy to expand across Scotland.
We exist to improve outcomes for children across Scotland, to ensure they have the best start in life by supporting their Dads and families. Our services include Dads Antenatal workshops, Dads and children playgroups, Music lessons, Young Dad support and more.
Our vision is that through us achieving our aim, there will be a larger shift in society toward accepting the vital role Dads play.
Read more about the Aims of Dads Rock here:Aims