Charity registered in Scotland SC034197
Moving On Inverclyde is a day-care project supporting recovery from problematic substance use (alcohol and drugs) in Inverclyde. Due to additional funding we are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our team and deliver our high impact Connexions recovery project. We require a project worker who is dynamic, flexible and is able to find innovative solutions with people, not for them.
Excellent communication and teambuilding skills are essential, as you will work alongside various partner agencies and groups. You will proactively use your problem-solving and creative thinking skills to ensure opportunities for positive community connections are maximised for individuals accessing the service.
The role will involve the ability to:
• Provide the ongoing development and delivery of a recovery programme.
• Provide one to one keyworking.
• Effectively and accurately monitor and evaluate all aspects of the programme within current National Care Standards.
• Facilitate and support joint working relationships with various agencies/groups/organisations.
• Maintain clear records written within National Care Standards.
• Maintain clear communications, both written and verbal internally and with a range of external agencies.
• Take part in regular team and case meetings and Service User reviews.
• Assess Service User needs/ aspirations and suitability for accessing Moving On.
• Assist in sourcing funding opportunities for Moving On.
The candidate will have a broad understanding of matters relating to problematic substance use
Due to expansion and excellent opportunities in this dynamic organisation Moving On Inverclyde requires a
Qualities and skills:
Excellent communication skills with ability to give and receive constructive feedback
Motivational with good coaching skills
Energetic, enthusiastic and open to change
Ability to build effective relationships with other team members, service users and external partners
Sees Service Users at the centre of all actions
Accepts responsibility for setting goals to achieve objectives and able to delegate to relevant person
Good Organisational skills
Leadership and management of successful teams essential
Knowledge and understanding of addictions an advantage
Knowledge and understanding of 3rd Sector an advantage
Education and qualification:
Team management qualifications an advantage
Qualification in Alcohol & Drug Studies an advantage
- Leading and managing, coaching and developing the Moving On team,giving regular constructive feedback to ensure excellent service is provided at all times in a friendly and approachable manner
- Proactively and continuously identifying and achieving ongoing and advanced funding for the projects
- Following Moving On’s Mission and Values and achieving targets as agreed
- Actively supervising, supporting, delegating and working with the team to achieve targets
- Analysing and giving suggestions to Moving On Board to improve services and suggest new services
- Taking part in recruitment with assessment according to requirements and profile specified
- Leading the induction of new employees and identifying and delivering training
- Preparing and presenting periodic reports and other required documents
- Developing and carrying out Marketing and Promotional Campaigns
- Representing Moving On to regulatory authorities including all required documentation
- Representing Moving On at local ADP and national forums, keeping up to date and informing staff members of local and national alcohol and drug strategies.
- Responsibility for managing budgets and cost optimisation
- Fulfilment of all Legal, Professional and Ethical requirements for the role
- Monitoring Health and Safety and Data Protection and ensuring compliance