EARS is an independent advocacy provider – our role is to make sure people’s voices are heard when there are issues
in their lives.
Purpose of the post:
- To offer an independent advocacy service to adults (16+) with a physical disability or an acquired brain injury,
who are normally resident in West Lothian. This will include face to face visits in the community and/or
- To promote the service, raise awareness and further develop relationships with
Major Functions of the Post
- To provide free, independent advocacy to adults (16+) with a physical disability or ABI in West Lothian by
enabling those wishing to represent themselves or, where appropriate, representation of that person where they
are unable to express their views.
- To work and liaise with local professionals, organisations and
networks to ensure that the service, and its work, is brought to the notice of all potential
- To keep up to date with service user’s rights, including statutory legislation,
recommendations and guidance.
- To develop and provide information/materials to promote the service to
professionals/community groups within West Lothian.
- To keep and maintain your own diary of
To find out more about the role, please download the Job Description below.