Charity registered in Scotland SC004387
Home-Start Leith & North East Edinburgh seeks a friendly, flexible and responsive person to join our small team to support families – because childhood can’t wait.
Since 1986 we have been supporting families with young children, working towards the goal that every family has the support they need, to give their children the best possible start in life, so they are able to take up and benefit from the opportunities available to them.
This role will help families to achieve the goals they establish at initial assessments and reviews through coordinated support, linking with our Volunteer Home Visiting model that is central to our work as well as liaising with other third sector, health, and education colleagues.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and empathy;
- Experience of working or volunteering to support families, including the child protection and safeguarding systems;
- Good understanding of the needs of children and families;
- Passion for building community capacity; and,
- Flexibility to respond to changing needs of families.
Home-Start Leith & North East Edinburgh values work life balance and provides flexible work arrangements for their staff.
Please see the job description and person specification for further information. If you would like to discuss this position further, please contact Eliza Waye (Manager) via firstname.lastname@example.org.