Charity registered in Scotland SC006691
Dundee Women's Aid has been supporting women, children and young people who are experiencing Domestic Abuse for over 40 years. The development of our service has been influenced by the experiences of the women, children and young people that we have supported. As an organisation we provide a range of services including information, support and temporary refuge accommodation.
Purpose of post
Dundee Women’s Aid aims to provide the best possible service to the women, children and young people we work with. We believe that service users have the right to live a life free from abuse or harm and are committed to providing services that empower service users. Our Protecting Vulnerable Adults Policy defines Dundee Women’s Aid’s commitment to safeguarding vulnerable adults who use Dundee Women’s Aid’s service.
Purpose of the post
1. Direct Services to Women
2. Promoting the Work of DWA
4. Working Approach
This post requires a PVG scheme record check for both types of regulated work – work with children and work with protected adults.
This job description cannot cover every issue or task that may arise within the scope of the post. The post-holder will be expected to carry out other duties from time to time which are broadly consistent with the duties as detailed above.
Women only need apply under Schedule 9 (part 1) of the Equality Act 2010. The successful candidate will be required to join the PVG scheme. Dundee Women’s Aid positively welcomes applications from women within all sections of the community.
Purpose of Role
To provide support and assistance to the Dundee Women’s Aid team to enable the best possible service to be provided to service users.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
· Receive families and allocate flats, at the same time explaining rules and conditions. This includes transporting them and their belongings to refuge
· Provide an induction to new residents on the heating system, security of the premises and electrical equipment.
· Where appropriate assist women in refuge with the completion of forms, etc.
· Assist with the collection of charges due from residents in refuge, issue receipts, keep records of cash collected, payments due/in arrears, deposit cash at DWA office base
· To cover for the Facilities Manager, other Facilities Worker – Refuge & Admissions or Facilities Worker – Income and Payments in their absence
· To clean and prepare refuge properties for occupation by service users
· Liaise with the Facilities Manager in preparing refuge properties for occupation
· Carry out Weekly Checks of flats and refuges for Health & Safety purposes and ensure that flats are properly maintained by residents and report repairs to the landlord , pass any difficulties to the Facilities Manager
· To respond to ad hoc Health and safety checks including CCTV
· Maintain and check periodically the inventory of furnishings, bedding, crockery, kitchen utensils, etc. pertinent to each flat.
· To complete DIY repairs and maintenance tasks including painting and decorating
· Ensure that immediately prior to a family vacating the accommodation the inventory is checked.
· Assist the family and their belongings to move out of refuge
· Assist with the maintenance of the storeroom and goods therein in a proper and tidy manner and ensure all necessary paperwork for the receipt/and/or issue of resources is completed.
· To provide general admin support to the team including filing, photocopying, maintaining a ready supply of forms such as housing benefit, etc., supplies of stationery.
· Ensure all resources are replenished and accessible
· Assist in the Update of Welcome Packs for refuge properties
· There may be a requirement to work out with normal working hours on occasions.
Dundee Women’s Aid positively welcomes applications from women within all sections of the community. Women only need apply as this is an excepted post under Schedule 9 (Part 1) of the Equality Act 2010.
The successful candidate will be required to join the PVG scheme.