Charity registered in Scotland SC042249
Leuchie House provides high quality respite breaks with 24-hour expert nursing care for people and their families living with long-term physical conditions, such as MS, stroke, Huntington's Disease, Parkinson's, Motor Neurone Disease and cerebral palsy.
This is a permanent role working on a night shift basis for 36 hours per fortnight. Shift times are usually 8am until 8pm. We also have more Care assistant positions available – please have a look on our website for more information.
As a care assistant at Leuchie House, you will be one of the key people helping to ensure our guests have the best possible respite break.
Working as part of our dedicated nursing and care team, you'll provide individualised personal care to our guests. This could involve helping guests get up and about in the morning, assisting them at meal times, giving them support throughout the night, and helping them get ready for bed.
A break at Leuchie is about much more than just a change of care environment for our guests though. It's about helping them do new things, try different experiences, make new friends and have fun. That's one of the things that makes Leuchie different, and you'll be an important part of that too!
Some of the duties and responsibilities you will carry out are as follows;
• Carry out procedures and assist guests with all aspects of daily living, including personal needs and nutrition as appropriate.
• Respond to call bells, reporting condition of guest to nursing staff when necessary.
• Aware of emotional and nursing needs of staff, guests and relatives and refer to counselling staff when necessary.
• Take part and contribute to shift handover reports.
• Required to exercise general and professional mentoring of newer care staff.
• Work to promote equality, independence and freedom of choice for guests, visitors, residents and anyone associated to Leuchie House by respecting privacy and personal dignity.
• Ensure record keeping and documentation is maintained in compliance with legal and statutory requirements as well as best practice for Leuchie House.
• Assist with arrivals and departures of guests ensuring a welcoming atmosphere.
• Assist with the social activity and therapy plan for each guest. Participate in outings, in-house entertainment and activities with guests as required.
• Escort and assist guests when attending external health care appointments.
• Financial Management
• Responsible for petty cash on outings as required.
• Assist guests with their money as directed and accurately account for.
If you've already worked in a caring environment, we'll do everything we can to help you keep developing your skills and experience.
If you're new to care, we'd still love to hear from you. A friendly, caring, person-centered approach is one of the most important things we ask of our care assistants. Through our comprehensive induction and training process, we'll make sure you get all the support and skills you need to deliver the five star service Leuchie is famous for.
In return, we can offer you a great package of benefits, a special place to work, and a chance to be a light in the lives of people living with long term conditions.